Daniel Williams joined the London office of Ropes & Gray in 2020 and is an associate in the private equity transactions group. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Daniel qualified and practiced as a solicitor at a Silver Circle law firm in London. Daniel also spent six months on secondment at Puma Energy (a mid- and downstream oil company) in their Geneva office.
Daniel has broad experience across a range of domestic and cross-border corporate and M&A transactions, including significant experience acting for private equity sponsors and management teams on acquisitions, disposals, investments and restructurings.
- Acting for Arsenal Capital Partners on the proposed acquisition by its portfolio company Value Demonstration Holdings LLC of Cello Health plc, an AIM-listed global healthcare-focused advisory group
- Acting for Bridgepoint Development Capital on its investment into Matrix SCM, a leading managed service provider for the outsourced hiring and management of temporary local government staff in the UK
Notable transactions in which Daniel has been involved prior to joining Ropes & Gray include:
- Acting for Graphite Capital in connection with its acquisition of YSC Consulting, a business consultancy firm with operations worldwide
- Acting for the management team of Instant Offices, a global provider of independent flexible workspace, in connection with a management buy-out backed by Bowmark Capital
- Acting for Epiris in relation to the sale of The PINE Unit Trust, a freehold investment property portfolio focused on the UK education sector, to Universities Superannuation Scheme
- Acting for Glendower Capital in connection with its acquisition of an interest in Liberty (the London based department store) from Bluegem Capital Partners
- Acting for Vision Capital on the sale of JDR Cable Systems, a subsea umbilical and power cable supplier, to TFKable
- Acting for the management team of Merian Global Investors on the acquisition of the company by Jupiter Asset Management plc
- Acting for e2v technologies plc in connection with the £620m recommended cash offer by Teledyne Technologies Inc.
- Advising Puma Energy in connection with the sale of its business operations in Paraguay to Impala Terminals Group
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- Legal Practice Course, Distinction, BPP University, 2014
- LLB (Law), First Class Honours, University of York, 2013