David Wan is an associate in the firm’s private investment funds group. His practice is focused on the formation and operation of private investment funds, including advising fund sponsors and private equity firms on the structuring, fundraising, HK- and US- regulatory and compliance issues. David also has represented various sovereign wealth funds and financial institutions in connection with investments in private funds.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, David was an investment funds associate with a leading international law firm in their Hong Kong office.
Notable transactions in which David has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Represented a leading Asia-based fund manager in the formation of a Hong Kong-domiciled private equity fund.
- Represented a China-based fund manager in the formation of its first USD-denominated fund focusing on China’s travel and leisure sectors.
- Represented a China-based fund manager in the formation of its third USD-denominated fund focusing on the media and entertainment sectors.
- Represented a China-based fund manager in the setup of venture capital funds and co-investment vehicles.
- Represented Temasek, Pavilion Capital and other Asian sovereign wealth funds on their investments in various private investment funds and co-investment vehicles.
- PCLL, University of Hong Kong, 2014
- JD, University of Hong Kong, 2013
- BBA (Accounting), with Honors, Hong Kong Baptist University, 2011