Debbie Wang is an associate in the mergers and acquisitions group. Debbie has experience representing public and private companies, financial institutions and investors in a broad range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, financings and other strategic transactions, as well as advising on general corporate and commercial matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Debbie was an associate at a leading Canadian law firm and an international law firm in New York.
- Represented Pfizer Inc. in its:
- $11.6 billion acquisition of Biohaven Pharmaceuticals
- $6.7 billion acquisition of Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Represented Medtronic plc in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Intersect ENT, Inc.
- Represented Detour Gold Corporation in the C$4.9B acquisition of all of its issued and outstanding common shares by Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd.*
- Represented Discount Car and Truck Rentals Ltd. in its sale to Enterprise Rent-A-Car Canada Company.*
- Represented Alacer Gold Corp. in its $5B at-market merger of equals with SSR Mining Inc.*
- Represented various public company and financial institution clients with capital markets transactions.*
- Represented private equity and pension funds on M&A and other strategic transactions.*
- Advised public company clients on continuous disclosure and corporate governance matters.*
*Experience prior to Ropes & Gray
- JD, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 2017; Senior Editor, University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review
- BA (Psychology, Interdisciplinary Life Sciences), McGill University, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2018
- LMG Life Sciences Americas Awards “Impact Deal of the Year” for advising Pfizer in $11.6 billion acquisition of Biohaven Pharmaceuticals (2022)