Elizabeth M. Whitkin
Elizabeth is an associate practicing in the health care group of the Corporate Department. Elizabeth advises health care industry clients, including hospitals, long-term care providers and health systems, on a variety of regulatory and compliance matters, including licensing, Medicare enrollment and compliance with federal and state fraud and abuse laws. Elizabeth also provides advice on complex transactional matters for health care organizations and private equity firms.
- Represented a non-profit health system in a membership substitution of a community hospital.
- Represented a long-term care client in the sale of inpatient rehabilitation facilities.
- Counseled a variety of clients on licensing, Medicare, Medicaid and Certificate of Need matters in connection with transactions, recertification and general regulatory needs.
- Advised a national hospital system in connection with its filing of a Stark Law voluntary self-referral disclosure.
- Advised private equity clients in connection with transactions involving laboratory, home health, hospice, infusion therapy, hospital, physician group, behavioral health and substance abuse providers.
- Co-author, “California’s New Focus on Drug Pricing Transparency,” Law360 (November 16, 2017)