Eric Y. Wu
Eric Wu is a partner in Ropes & Gray's life sciences group. He advises clients on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity and growth equity investments, capital markets transactions and general corporate matters involving investors and life sciences companies with business interests in China.
Eric has advised on mid-market and large-cap transactions with regional and global biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer health care companies that are engaged in medical optics, allergy, dermatology and surgical robotics businesses, among others.
Eric rejoins Ropes & Gray from Johnson & Johnson, where he served as Asia Pacific M&A Regional Counsel and head of legal for the company’s Asia Pacific Innovation Center. Prior to joining Johnson & Johnson, he was a senior associate at Ropes & Gray and previously also worked in the Shanghai and Boston offices of other leading global law firms.
- Profiled, “Health Hires: Ropes & Gray” Law360 (November 16, 2018)
- Profiled, “Johnson & Johnson counsel rejoins Ropes & Gray in Shanghai” Asian Legal Business (November 16, 2018)
- Profiled, “Johnson & Johnson Counsel Re-Joins Ropes & Gray” Intellectual Property Magazine (November 16, 2018)
- Profiled, “Johnson & Johnson Asia Pacific Regional Counsel Eric Wu (’06) Returns to Ropes & Gray in Shanghai,” Boston University School of Law Alumni News (November 13, 2018)
- Cited, “Management tracks,” Biocentury (November 13, 2018)
- Profiled, “Ropes & Gray Hires Life Science Partner in Shanghai From Johnson & Johnson,” The Asian Lawyer and The American Lawyer (November 13, 2018)
- Profiled, “Ropes & Gray hires from Johnson & Johnson in Shanghai,” Getting the Deal Through – Pharma Law News (November 13, 2018)
- Profiled, “Ropes & Gray lawyer returns from senior APAC in-house role,” Australasian Lawyer (November 13, 2018)
- Profiled, “A Better Tomorrow: Eric Wu of Johnson & Johnson APAC on the Future of Healthcare,” Association of Corporate Counsel’s Docket (November 1, 2017)