Gizachew is an associate in the corporate department and member of the firm’s investment management group.
Gizachew counsels investment advisers and registered investment companies (open-end mutual funds, exchange-traded funds and closed-end funds) on transactional, regulatory and compliance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Gizachew was a summer intern at the Mandel Legal Aid Clinic Housing Initiative in Chicago. In this role, he provided legal representation to individual and community-based housing developers, tenant groups and other parties involved in the development of new or rehabilitated affordable housing projects.
- Advising fund clients on a variety of matters, including day-to-day regulatory advice on open-end and closed-end fund issues and fund reorganizations.
- Drafting and advising on SEC filings for registered funds and investment advisers, including registration statements, proxy statement/prospectuses, proxy statements and Form ADV/brochures.
- Fund mergers, including the merger of closed-end funds into open-end funds.
- Advises with respect to compliance programs and related matters under Rules 38a-1 and 206(4)-7.
- Requests for exemptive relief.