Ilan Wong is an associate in the asset management group of Ropes & Gray and a registered foreign lawyer in the Hong Kong office. She focuses her practice on the formation and operation of private investment funds and advising fund sponsors on fundraising, co-investment and regulatory issues. Ilan also has represented institutional investors in connection with investments in Asia-based private equity funds.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Ilan was an investment funds associate based in the Hong Kong office of a major international law firm.
- Represented a leading Asia-based fund manager in the formation of various private equity funds.
- Represented a Chinese bank in the establishment of a China-focused private equity fund.
- Represented an Australia-based private equity fund manager in the setup of co-investment vehicles.
- Represented a Hong Kong-based start-up manager in the formation of a special situations hedge fund.
- Represented a large sovereign wealth fund investor in its investment in an Asia-based private equity fund and in the fund’s co-investment vehicles.
- JD, Brooklyn Law School, 2012
- MA (Economics), Tufts University, 2007
- BA (Economics and Psychology), cum laude, Wellesley College, 2003