Katie joined Ropes & Gray in 2010 and is an associate in the hedge funds practice group. Katie has experience in representing investment advisers, hedge funds, private equity funds, family offices and institutional investors on a variety of transactional and regulatory matters.
- Represents fund sponsors and investors in GP recapitalizations and structured secondary transactions.
- Advises various European, Asian and Canadian sovereign investors and other institutional investors in connection with co-investments and secondary investments.
- Represents established seed fund platforms in negotiating revenue sharing arrangements with third party hedge fund and private equity fund managers.
- Advises start-up hedge fund sponsors on the structuring, launch and operation of domestic and offshore private funds.
- Represents established hedge fund and private equity fund sponsors in connection with the structuring and formation of new investment funds.
- Advises family office client with respect to on-going trading operations and compliance issues.
- Advises investment advisers with respect to the on-going maintenance of private funds and compliance-related issues.
- Represents large institutional investor regarding primary investments in third party hedge funds and private equity funds.
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, 2010; Associate Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- BA, magna cum laude, Boston College, 2005