Katie is a partner in the asset management group. Katie has experience in representing investment advisers, hedge funds, private equity funds, family offices and institutional investors on a variety of transactional and regulatory matters.
- Represents fund sponsors and investors in GP recapitalizations and structured secondary transactions.
- Advises various European, Asian and Canadian sovereign investors and other institutional investors in connection with co-investments and secondary investments.
- Represents established seed fund platforms in negotiating revenue sharing arrangements with third party hedge fund and private equity fund managers.
- Advises start-up hedge fund sponsors on the structuring, launch and operation of domestic and offshore private funds.
- Represents established hedge fund and private equity fund sponsors in connection with the structuring and formation of new investment funds.
- Advises family office client with respect to on-going trading operations and compliance issues.
- Advises investment advisers with respect to the on-going maintenance of private funds and compliance-related issues.
- Represents large institutional investor regarding primary investments in third party hedge funds and private equity funds.
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, 2010; Associate Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- BA, magna cum laude, Boston College, 2005