Matthieu joined Ropes & Gray as an associate in 2021 and practices in the finance group, focusing primarily on structured finance transactions (including whole-business securitizations and asset-backed facilities) and other financing arrangements.
During law school, Matthieu served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Andrea R. Wood, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Matthieu was a finance associate in the New York office of another international law firm.
- Represented Sycamore Partners on the structuring of a $420 million whole-business securitization bond offering backed by The Goddard School’s franchise and brand assets.
- Represented European Wax Center, Inc. on the structuring of its whole-business securitization of a total of $440 million in asset-backed term and variable funding notes.
- Represented Planet Fitness, Inc. on the offering under its whole-business securitization of a total of $975 million in asset-backed term and variable funding notes.
- Represented a leading franchisor in the quick-service restaurant space on the refinancing of its whole-business securitization of $315 million in asset-backed term notes and a $70 million corporate term loan facility.
- Represented Bain Capital Credit, LP on several CLO refinancings.
- Represented issuers and initial purchasers in connection with numerous issuances of securitized notes backed by esoteric assets such as structured settlements, lottery receivables, personal annuities, timeshare interest receivables and litigation funding receivables.*
- Represented issuers and underwriters in CLO securitizations.*
- Represented lenders and borrowers in credit facilities backed by various asset classes such as structured settlements, equipment leasing receivables and litigation funding receivables.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2015
- Maîtrise (Law), Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2013
- Diplôme Grande École, with honors, Institut d’Études Politiques, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2016