Nicole White joined the litigation department as an associate in 2015. Nicole’s practice covers a wide range of civil litigation, including private equity litigation, SEC enforcement matters, corporate governance matters, internal investigations, responses to requests made under open records laws, and other complex commercial disputes.
Nicole also maintains an active pro bono practice, including political asylum matters and family law. Nicole was a member of a team that successfully secured asylum for a client in a defensive proceeding before the Boston Immigration Court, and continues to represent asylum seekers. Nicole also works on a number of family law disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicole served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard G. Andrews, U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. During law school, Nicole served as a supervising editor of the California Law Review and was on the Board of Advocates trial team. Nicole also interned for the Honorable Nathaniel M. Gorton, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Member of a trial team representing a limited liability company’s CEO and majority unit holder in complex commercial litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery relating to claims concerning contractual interpretation, fiduciary duties, and reformation of limited liability company agreement.
- Represents investment advisers in SEC enforcement actions.
- Advises investment advisers during SEC examinations.
- Successfully represented asylum seeker before the Boston Immigration Court.
- Represents pro bono clients on family law matters, including paternity and guardianship.