Nicole White is a member of the litigation department. Nicole’s practice covers a wide range of civil litigation, including private equity litigation, SEC enforcement matters, corporate governance matters, internal investigations, third-party subpoenas, responses to requests made under open records laws, and other complex commercial disputes.
Nicole also maintains an active pro bono practice, including political asylum matters and family law. Nicole is a lead member of a litigation team in an 8th Amendment case seeking medical care for inmates. Nicole was a member of a team that successfully secured asylum for a client in a defensive proceeding before the Boston Immigration Court, and continues to represent asylum seekers. Nicole also works on a number of family law disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicole served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard G. Andrews, U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. During law school, Nicole served as a supervising editor of the California Law Review and was on the Board of Advocates trial team. Nicole also interned for the Honorable Nathaniel M. Gorton, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Represents investment advisors in SEC enforcement actions and examinations.
- Represents pharmaceutical company in civil investigation by federal authorities into potential false claims and anti-kickback violations.
- Represents health care provider in connection with subcontractor billing dispute.
- Member of litigation team representing a limited liability company’s CEO and majority unit holder in complex commercial litigation and trial in the Delaware Court of Chancery, relating to claims concerning contractual interpretation, fiduciary duties, and reformation of limited liability company agreement.
- Represented a venture capital fund in connection with an SEC investigation concerning political contributions by individuals at the advisor to candidates with potential connections to government entities that have invested in the advisor’s funds.
- Successfully represented asylum seekers in immigration court hearings.
- Member of litigation team representing an inmate seeking medical care under the 8th Amendment.