Rebecca H. Williams
Rebecca focuses her practice on FDA regulatory matters and advises life sciences and health care clients on a broad range of issues under the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act and related laws. Rebecca routinely conducts regulatory due diligence in connection with corporate transactions and public offerings involving drug, device, dietary supplement and food companies, and advises clients on promotional compliance matters. Rebecca maintains an active pro bono practice with a focus on immigration and healthcare issues.
Rebecca is currently seconded to global biopharmaceutical company, responsible for endocrinology and fertility therapeutic areas, leading legal issues relating to advertising and promotional review committees, as well as supported and advised brand teams and senior leadership, drafted commercial agreements, among other corporate responsibilities.
- Routinely assess regulatory compliance of advertising and promotional materials for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, and food companies.
- Seconded to global biopharmaceutical company, responsible for endocrinology and fertility therapeutic areas, leading legal issues relating to advertising and promotional review committees, as well as supported and advised brand teams and senior leadership, and drafted commercial agreements, among other corporate responsibilities.
- Served as the legal reviewer on a biotech client’s promotional review committee.
- Performed an assessment of a pharmaceutical client’s promotional review committee, which involved employee interviews, reviewing SOPs and other internal documents, evaluating a sampling of promotional materials used by the company, and providing recommendations for improvement.
Transactional and Litigation Support
- Routinely perform FDA regulatory diligence for private equity funds’ acquisition of drug, medical device, and food companies.
- Routinely perform FDA regulatory diligence for IPOs and follow-on offerings of early and late-stage pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Partnered with litigation teams on government investigations of pharmaceutical and device companies involving alleged FDCA violations.
- Regularly advise on policies and procedures for pharmaceutical, medical device, and food clients, including policies governing GxP and quality activities, product labeling and promotional activities, internal and third party audits, vendor selection, qualification and management, complaint handling, recalls and adverse event reporting.
- Frequently advise pharmaceutical and medical device clients in connection with licensing and supply agreements.
- Advised a pharmaceutical client regarding its response to a Warning Letter alleging current Good Manufacturing Practices violations.
- Advised pharmaceutical clients on issues related to Hatch-Waxman, orphan drug exclusivity, and new chemical entity exclusivity.
- Advised medical device clients regarding issues related to recall and regulatory reporting decisions.
- Advised a medical device client regarding requirements for medical device distribution and use under state law.
- Co-author, “Proposed FDA Drug Software Rules Strict On Pharma Companies,” Law360 (December 10, 2018)
- Co-author, “How States, Federal Agencies Are Challenging Drug Prices,” Law360 (April 23, 2018)
- Co-author, “The Latest FDA Move To Limit Digital Health Software Regs,” Law360 (December 21, 2017)
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2017
- MA (Education), Brooklyn College, 2014
- BA (English and Comparative Literature), Pennsylvania State University, 2012