Richard Wheeler joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 as an associate. Richard is a member of the firm’s corporate department, and his practice focuses on private equity transactions and strategic mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Richard practiced both in-house at a commercial telecommunications and internet provider, and at another large firm in Boston, where he worked on a variety of corporate and real estate matters, including all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, venture capital financings and public and private company mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with its acquisition of Credit Suisse’s US Distressed Credit business.
- Representing GI Partners, a leading middle market private equity firm, in connection with its proposed acquisition of Daxko.
- Represented Revelstoke Capital Partners in its acquisition of Fast Pace Urgent Care, a regional manager of urgent care clinics.
- Represented Bain and Blackstone in their sale of the digital business of The Weather Company to IBM.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in the add-on acquisition of Kovatch Mobile Equipment Corporation.
- JD, Suffolk University Law School, 1998
- BA, Washington University in St. Louis, 1993
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 1998