Sam Wolfe-Murray joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate. His practice focuses on private equity transactions, including leveraged buyouts, growth equity, and minority investments. Prior to Ropes & Gray, Sam was an associate in the private equity practice of another international law firm, and spent 6 months on secondment at Cinven. In addition to his corporate law experience, Sam spent a significant period of his training contract in intellectual property and commercial practice areas.
Sam has non-legal experience in science, technology and investment that brings an additional perspective to his practice. Prior to reading Jurisprudence at the University of Oxford, Sam studied Chemistry at the University of Sydney. Between studying at Sydney and Oxford, Sam worked with family offices on early stage investments.
- Advising Pfizer on its $25m strategic investment in CellCentric
- Advised Becton, Dickinson and Company in its acquisition of Tissuemed Ltd, a developer of surgical sealant technology
- Advised Partners Group on its acquisition of Pharmathen, a European pharmaceutical company, from international investment firm BC Partners on behalf of its clients. The transaction values Pharmathen at an enterprise value of around EUR1.6 billion
- Advised Avista Capital Partners and Nordic Capital and Swiss pharmaceutical company Acino on the sale of Acino to ADQ
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on their investment alongside the International Federation of Volleyball (FIVB), into VW Volleyball World SA, a newly incorporated commercial entity holding the commercial rights to volleyball*
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on their investment into Premiership Rugby Limited*
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on their minority investment into Pro14, the rugby competition*
- Advised Barings and M&G on their investment into Tunstall Healthcare, a leading global provider of software solutions and services for the telecare and telehealth markets by way of restructuring and recapitalisation*
- Advised Hellman & Friedman on the €7.8 billion all share merger of Nets, a leading payments provider, into Nexi, a leading payments technology company in Italy*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, Distinction, BPP University, 2018
- BA (Jurisprudence), University of Oxford, 2017; Environmental Law prize
- BSc (Chemistry), University of Sydney, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2020