Simone L.F. Waterbury
Simone Waterbury is a senior attorney practicing in the firm's antitrust practice group. Simone works extensively on counseling domestic and multinational business entities on their obligations under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act and foreign premerger regimes, successfully guiding numerous clients through the premerger process.
Simone has prepared hundreds of HSR filings and routinely coordinates merger clearances in multiple jurisdictions including the European Union and its member states, Canada, China, Japan, India, South Africa, and South Korea, among others.
- Co-author, “Focusing On Private Equity: Global Merger Control Implications”, Competition Policy International Antitrust Chronicle (January 2018)
- Contributor, ABA Section for Antitrust Law, Private Equity Antitrust Handbook (1st ed. 2016)
- Contributor, ABA Section for Antitrust Law, Premerger Notification Practice Manual (5th ed. 2015)
- Co-author, “A Narrowing Of The HSR Investment-Only Exemption” Law360 (September 9, 2015)
- Co-author, “7 HSR Filing Reminders From Berkshire Hathaway Case,” Law360 (September 26, 2014)
- Co-author "HSR Rule Changes: A Look Back (and Ahead)," CPI Antitrust Chronicle (May 2013)
- "Acquiring Distressed Companies During the Financial Downturn — Renaissance for the Failing Firm Defense?" The Antitrust Counselor (2008)
- "Expert Handwriting Testimony: Is the Writing Really on the Wall?," Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy (2006)
- MA (Public Policy), Northeastern University, 2017
- JD, cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2006
- BA (Psychology and Women’s Studies), Bates College, 1998