Tom Wechsler is an associate in the real estate investments & transactions group. Tom has a wide range of transactional experience including acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, mortgage and mezzanine financings and sale-leaseback transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Tom was an associate in the New York office of an international law firm and was Associate General Counsel at a real estate investment and development company in New York.
- Represented Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc. in connection with the approximately $1.5 billion sale-leaseback and financing of a portfolio of acute care hospitals located in multiple states.
- Represented an international private bank in connection with a co-investment in a qualified opportunity zone fund for the development of a mixed-use project located in Brooklyn, New York.
- Represented a New York based investment firm as capital partner in connection with a programmatic joint venture to acquire marina properties located in the southeast United States.
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with the approximately $110 million sale-leaseback of a portfolio of retail centers located in southern California.
Notable transactions in which Tom has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Represented Moynihan Station Development Corporation and Empire State Development in connection with the redevelopment of the Farley Post Office Building and Moynihan Station in New York.
- Represented a prominent New York based development company in connection with the redevelopment and approximately $1.3 billion construction financing of a new office tower in lower Manhattan.
- Represented a global financial institution in connection with the approximately $1.7 billion sale of a hotel and casino located in Las Vegas, NV.
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, 2012
- BA (Economics), magna cum laude, Bucknell University, 2009