Tom Wechsler is an associate in the real estate investments & transactions group. Tom has a wide range of transactional experience including acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, mortgage and mezzanine financings and sale-leaseback transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Tom was an associate in the New York office of an international law firm and was Associate General Counsel at a real estate investment and development company in New York.
- Represented a leading U.S.-based hospital and affiliated medical group in a $1.5 billion-plus sale-and-leaseback financing transaction with Medical Properties Trust, for real estate assets located in California, Pennsylvania and Connecticut.
- Represented an international private bank in connection with a $200 million co-investment in a qualified opportunity zone fund for the development of a mixed-use project located in Brooklyn, New York comprised of 360,000 square feet of office and retail space.
- Represented a New York based investment firm as capital partner in connection with a programmatic joint venture to acquire marina properties located in the southeast United States.
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with the approximately $110 million sale-leaseback of a portfolio of retail centers located in southern California.
Notable transactions in which Tom has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Represented Moynihan Station Development Corporation and Empire State Development in connection with the redevelopment of the Farley Post Office Building to become the future train hall for LIRR and Amtrak and approximately 700,000 square feet of commercial and retail space.
- Represented a prominent New York based development company in connection with the redevelopment and approximately $1.3 billion construction financing of a new office tower in lower Manhattan.
- Represented a global financial institution in connection with the approximately $1.7 billion sale of a hotel and casino located in Las Vegas, NV.
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, 2012
- BA (Economics), magna cum laude, Bucknell University, 2009