Wen Jun Lucy Wu
Lucy Wu is counsel in the finance practice at Ropes & Gray based in Hong Kong.
Lucy has significant experience advising clients on a range of their private capital financing needs including leveraged acquisition finance, structured finance, working capital finance, asset based finance, margin finance and consensual corporate restructurings. Lucy’s clients have included leading financial institutions, private equity firms, credit funds and multinational corporations throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Prior to joining the firm, Lucy worked in Hong Kong for a leading international law firm in banking and finance.
- Member of the Ropes & Gray team advising Bain Capital on financing commitments to support its tender offer bid for Kirindo Holdings Co., Ltd., a listed drugstore operator in Japan.
- Member of the Ropes & Gray team advising Bain Capital on financing commitments to support its approximately $1.1 billion tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of Nichiigakkan, a Japan based company that operates nursing homes and provides hospital services.
- Member of the Ropes & Gray team advising Bain Capital on financing commitments to support its approximately US$900 million tender offer bid for all the shares in Showa Aircraft Industry Co., Ltd., a manufacturing and real estate development services company.
- Advised Alibaba on certain financing aspects in relation to its US$1.4 billion take-private of iKang Healthcare.
- Advised global private equity sponsors in relation to the financing aspects for acquisition bids in Korea, India and Taiwan.
- Advised Davidson Kempner, Tor Investment Management, Oaktree and KKR on various private credit and structured lending transactions.
- Advised a global private equity sponsor in relation to margin loan transactions involving companies listed in Hong Kong.
Notable transactions in which Lucy has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advised a private equity consortium with the financing aspects of its investment in the Wall Street English business
- Advised a consortium of leading international financial institutions on its acquisition financing commitments to a strategic investor in connection with the investor’s bid for a portfolio of LINK REIT assets
- Advised a leading Asian based private equity firm on acquisition financing in connection with the purchase of a global service provider of trust, fiduciary, fund and corporate services
- Advised various leading international financial institutions in connection with the provision of margin finance over listed Hong Kong shares and American Depositary Receipts
- Co-author, Hong Kong chapter for “Acquisition Finance 2019,” Lexology Getting the Deal Through (May 15, 2019)
- Moderator, “The road ahead for South and Southeast Asia,” The Debtwire Asia-Pacific Forum (October 2021)
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2013
- High Court of Hong Kong, 2013
- Chambers Diversity & Inclusion Awards: Asia Pacific 2020 - Private Practice (Individual) Future Leader: Gender Diversity
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020)