Wen Jun Lucy Wu
Lucy Wu is counsel in the finance practice at Ropes & Gray based in Hong Kong.
Lucy has significant experience advising clients on a range of their financing needs including leveraged acquisition finance, working capital finance, asset based finance and margin finance. Lucy’s clients have included leading financial institutions, private equity firms and multinational corporations throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Prior to joining the firm, Lucy worked in Hong Kong for a leading international law firm in banking and finance.
- Advising various credit and hedge funds on direct lending transactions across Asia.
- Advising global private equity sponsors in relation to the financing aspects for acquisition bids in Korea, India and Taiwan.
- Advised Alibaba in the financing aspects related to its strategic investments in various Chinese technology companies.
- Advised a private equity fund in relation to the refinancing for its investment in a Malaysia-based provider of media and entertainment services.
Notable transactions in which Lucy has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advised a private equity consortium with the financing aspects of its investment in the Wall Street English business
- Advised a consortium of leading international financial institutions on its acquisition financing commitments to a strategic investor in connection with the investor’s bid for a portfolio of LINK REIT assets
- Advised a leading Asian based private equity firm on acquisition financing in connection with the purchase of a global service provider of trust, fiduciary, fund and corporate services
- Advised various leading international financial institutions in connection with the provision of margin finance over listed Hong Kong shares and American Depositary Receipts
- Co-author, Hong Kong chapter for “Acquisition Finance 2019,” Lexology Getting the Deal Through (May 15, 2019)