Yingqi (Andrew) Wang
Yingqi (Andrew) Wang is an associate in the finance practice at Ropes & Gray and a registered foreign lawyer in the Hong Kong office. He focuses on cross-border financing transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew trained and qualified as an associate in the London office of a leading law firm, where he worked predominantly on cross-border bank and bond transactions. Andrew also completed a six month secondment in South Africa, assisting multinational corporations with their Sub-Saharan African businesses and investments.
- Advised a global investment bank in its investment in senior, secured, rated and listed redeemable and non-convertible debentures issued by an Indian infrastructure developer.
- Advised a leading global bank in a limited recourse financing of a property in Hong Kong.
- Advised a leading private equity fund in its purchase of a stake in Metropolis Healthcare Limited, a Mumbai-based chain of pathology laboratories, from Dr. GSK Velu and affiliates.
- Advised a leading global bank in a $150 million financing of a commercial property in Shanghai.
- Advised the manager of Spring REIT in a $500 million financing of a property in Beijing.
- Represented Jefferies in the recapitalization of Klöckner Pentaplast, in which Jefferies made available approximately EUR630 million of new debt facilities.*
- Represented Hess Corporation on the USD2.1 billion auction sale of its subsidiary Samara-Nafta to Russian energy giant Lukoil.*
- Represented Saudi Aramco as sponsor on the USD12.5 billion project financing of the integrated Sadara chemical complex located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This project was selected as “Project Finance Deal of the Year 2013” by International Financial Law Review and “2013 Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project Finance (Middle East)” by the American Lawyer.*
- Represented the lenders in the USD1.2 billion financing of Indorama group’s nitrogenous fertilizer complex in Nigeria, the largest fertilizer complex in Africa.*
- Advised a multinational home appliances group on its business ventures in South Africa.*
* Completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray