Yingqi (Andrew) Wang
Yingqi (Andrew) Wang is an associate in the finance practice at Ropes & Gray in the Hong Kong office. He focuses on cross-border financing transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew trained and qualified as an associate in the London office of a leading law firm, where he worked predominantly on cross-border bank and bond transactions. Andrew also completed a six month secondment in South Africa, assisting multinational corporations with their Sub-Saharan African businesses and investments.
- Advised Bain Capital, as controlling consortium member, on its acquisition financing in connection with the approximately $18 billion (two trillion yen) acquisition of Toshiba Memory through a competitive auction. This transaction was awarded the 2018 “Japan Deal of the Year,” “M&A Deal of the Year” and “Technology, Media & Telecommunications Deal of the Year” by the ALB, “M&A deal of the year for North Asia” by the Asia Legal Awards, and ”Innovation in managing complexity and scale” by the Financial Times.
- Advised an investment fund on its purchase of secured notes privately placed by a Singapore listed company.
- Advised a global investment bank on its investment in senior, secured, rated and listed redeemable and non-convertible debentures issued by an Indian infrastructure developer.
- Advised a leading global bank on a limited recourse financing of a property in Hong Kong.
- Advised a leading global bank on a $150 million financing of a commercial property in Shanghai.
- Advised the manager of Spring REIT on a $500 million refinancing of a property in Beijing.
- Advised Jefferies on the recapitalization of Klöckner Pentaplast, in which Jefferies made available approximately EUR630 million of new debt facilities.*
- Advised Saudi Aramco as sponsor on the USD12.5 billion project financing of the integrated Sadara chemical complex located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This project was selected as “Project Finance Deal of the Year 2013” by International Financial Law Review and “2013 Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project Finance (Middle East)” by the American Lawyer.*
- Advised a multinational home appliances group on its business ventures in South Africa.*
* Completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- LPC, BPP Law School, London, 2011
- GDL, BPP Law School, London, 2010
- Master of Philosophy (Pharmacology), Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge University, 2009
- BA (Hons) (Biological Natural Sciences), Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge University, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2020
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2014