Zaneta Wykowska is an associate in the firm’s Litigation and Enforcement practice group. Zaneta is currently based out of the firm's London office.
Zaneta focuses her practice on civil and criminal government enforcement matters and internal investigations for a wide range of companies and individuals, including the healthcare, private equity and financial industries. She also regularly assists a variety of multinational clients with conducting risk-based pre-acquisition deal diligence on cross-border transactions and advises on anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, sanctions, trade compliance and other regulatory issues associated with prospective business agreements. Zaneta has conducted investigations into alleged anti-corruption violations in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
During law school, Zaneta interned for the Honorable John G. Koeltl in the District Court for the Southern District of New York. She was also a member of the Fordham Law Review and participated in the Federal Litigation Clinic.
- Conducts internal compliance investigations for clients in a number of sectors, including global healthcare, private equity, and financial industries.
- Regularly conducts pre-acquisition anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and trade compliance due diligence for corporate and private equity clients, including assisting with post-acquisition implementation of enhanced compliance controls.
- Drafts compliance policies for U.S., European and multinational companies addressing compliance with global anti-corruption and sanctions laws.
- Conducted internal investigations into allegations of bribery and corruption in Africa and the Middle East on behalf of multinational manufacturing and energy firms.
- Represents multiple executives in the DOJ’s investigation into alleged manipulation of diesel emissions outputs by various automobile manufacturers.
- Represents former executive in DOJ investigation of possible FCPA violations in offshore and marine operations in Brazil.
- Represented individual in investigation by the DOJ, SEC, and Federal Reserve into a financial institution's hiring practices in Asia.
- Represented major pharmacy company in investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office and states’ Medicaid Fraud Control Units into allegations of violations of the False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Represented a limited liability company’s CEO and majority unitholder in complex commercial litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery relating to claims concerning contractual interpretation, fiduciary duties, and reformation of limited liability company agreement.
- Co-author, “Individuals in Cross-Border Investigations or Proceedings: The US Perspective,” The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Investigations (2021)
- Co-author, “Self-Reporting to the Authorities and Other Disclosure Obligations: The US Perspective,” The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Investigations, Third Edition (2019)
- Co-author, “A practical guide to the US Department of Justice's FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy," Lexis PSL (July 2018)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- JD, cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, 2015; Fordham Law Review
- BS (Biology), Duke University, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York