Yu Chen Xue
Yu Chen Xue joined Ropes & Gray's employment, executive compensation, and employee benefits practice in 2019. Yu Chen advises employers on a range of employment issues, including employment agreements, restrictive covenants, personnel policies, wage and hour issues, harassment and discrimination issues, terminations and workforce reductions, separation agreements, and issues relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. Yu Chen focuses her practice on employment matters with respect to corporate transactions, counseling clients on the labor and employment aspects of the deal process and over the life of an investment, as well as employment litigation matters and internal investigations
During law school, Yu Chen volunteered with a medical legal partnership and a temporary restraining order project, and served as an arbitrator for the Connecticut DCP New Vehicle Lemon Law Program.
- Investigated highly sensitive #MeToo allegations and other allegations of misconduct against former employee of a major biotech company.
- Helped defend an educational technology company from breach of contract claims by former high-level executive.
- Helped defend a major supermarket chain against charges of unfair labor practices for direct dealing and refusal to bargain, among others, under a joint employer theory of liability.
- Advised an educational institution in dispute concerning wrongful termination and successfully secured a settlement.
- Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of Avera Health and assisted with the execution of the carve-out of Avera eCare (and transition to Avel eCare).
- Represented Advent International Corp. in its $2.7 billion acquisition of Nielsen Global Connect.
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. in its acquisition of a majority stake in GPRS Holdings LLC from CIVC Partners LP.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Pathway Vet Alliance LLC from investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley Capital Partners.
- Represented GHO Capital in its acquisition of X-Chem.
- Cited, “Challenges of “Return to Work” in an Ongoing Pandemic,” The New England Journal of Medicine “Special Report” (June 18, 2020)
- JD, Yale Law School, 2019
- BA (English and Government), summa cum laude, Cornell University, 2016; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2019