Justin C. Yee
Justin Yee is a law clerk in Ropes & Gray’s mergers and acquisitions group. Justin’s work focuses on assisting public and private companies and investors with a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactional matters, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures and other strategic transactions and corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Justin was an associate in the securities, capital markets and public companies group at a leading law firm in Toronto.
- Represented Radius Health in its $890 million sale to Gurnet Point Capital and Patient Square Capital.
- Represented Tmunity Therapeutics in connection with the divestiture of its cell therapy manufacturing facility to National Resilience.
- Represented national telehealth leader American Well in its acquisitions of SilverCloud Health, a leading digital mental health platform, and Conversa Health, a leader in automated virtual health care.
- Represented K+S Aktiengesellschaft in the $1.47 billion sale of its Canadian salt assets to Stone Canyon Industries Holdings LLC, Mark Demetree and Partners.*
- Represented Canoe Financial LP in its acquisition of management rights in respect of the retail investment management contracts of Fiera Investments LP from Fiera Capital Corporation, representing approximately $1.12 billion in assets.*
- Represented Clearwater Fine Foods Inc. Ventures in its $345 million investment and joint venture with World Energy, LLC.*
- Represented various mining companies in respect of the acquisition and disposition of mining projects and in royalty streaming transactions.*
- Represented various public company and financial institution clients in capital markets transactions.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Co-author, “High Expectations for a Budding Industry: CSA Provides Guidance on Disclosure Expectations for Cannabis Issuers,” Canadian Securities Laws News, LexisNexus Canada (November 2019)
- Co-author, “You’ve Come a Long Way, CBCA: 3 Key Changes Modernize the Canada Business Corporations Act,” Taxnet Pro, Thomson Reuters (June 2018)
- Author, “Designed in China: A Legal Frontier,” Fudan Journal of Humanities & Social Sciences, Springer (March 2017)
- JD, Queen's University, 2017
- BBA, Wilfrid Laurier University, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Not admitted in New York
- Ontario, 2019