Carissa is an associate in the Hong Kong office of Ropes & Gray and a member of the firm’s Litigation and Enforcement practice. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Carissa was an associate in the Litigation and Investigations department of another major U.S. law firm. She regularly assists multinational corporations in conducting internal and regulatory investigations in China and throughout Asia, including those involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Carissa also has experience handling anti-corruption due diligence and portfolio company risk assessments in connection with private equity investments and corporate acquisitions.
Notable engagements in which Carissa has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Assisted a major international financial services provider in an investigation of suspected insurance fraud involving senior management personnel in South Asia.
- Assisted a leading global financial services firm in an internal investigation in Taiwan involving employee misconduct and violations of company policy.
- Assisted a Fortune 500 conglomerate in an investigation of alleged improper payments in China.
- Assisted in representing senior executives of a global telecommunications company in a sanctions investigation.
- Assisted in submission of leniency application for a major company in connection with a potential cartel investigation.
- Assisted a Fortune 500 multinational corporation in a cartel investigation.
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2018