Dan Yanofsky joined the litigation department as an associate in 2016. Dan’s practice includes securities litigation, shareholder derivative actions, complex commercial disputes, and government investigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan served as a law clerk to Judge Raymond W. Gruender, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit. Before clerking, Dan worked as an assistant attorney general at the Administrative Law Division of the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office. In that capacity, Dan represented state agencies and argued cases in the Massachusetts Appeals Court and Superior Court.
- Defended multiple securities fraud class actions brought against pharmaceutical companies.
- Defending manufacturer and its officers and directors in state and federal securities actions.
- Representing laser manufacturer in commercial leasing dispute in Massachusetts Superior Court.
- Defending independent directors of public company in state and federal shareholder derivative actions alleging breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Represented group of residents seeking to build a causeway to provide access to their properties. Successfully defended against two zoning appeals brought in Massachusetts Land Court and an environmental challenge brought in Dukes County Superior Court. Also successfully defended against numerous regulatory challenges, including administrative appeals filed with the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection and the Massachusetts Building Code Appeals Board.
- Represented medical device company in connection with a criminal and civil investigation by the Department of Justice regarding alleged violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute.