Peng Yu is a partner in Ropes & Gray's private equity transaction group. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions for private equity and corporate clients.
Peng regularly represents clients in buyout, take-private, PIPE, growth capital investment, divesture and joint venture transactions. His work includes advising leading global and regional private equity firms and corporate clients in their cross-border transactions, spanning a broad range of sectors including technology, education, health care/life sciences, consumer, infrastructure and real estate.
Select Recent Matters
- Alibaba in US$1.38 billion PIPE investment in ZTO Express, US$1.4 billion take-private of iKang Healthcare, joint venture with Marriott, strategic partnership with Richemont and joint venture with YOOX Net-A-Porter Group
- Bain Capital in acquisition of World Wide Packaging, acquisition of a China-based packaging business, and sale of Gymboree Play & Music business
- Baring Private Equity Asia in acquisition, alongside Bright Food Group, and subsequent US$1.8 billion disposal, of UK-based Weetabix Food Company
- Blackstone in US$625 million take-private transaction of Pactera Technology International Ltd.
- China Resources Capital in investments in health care and infrastructure sectors
- GF Capital and six other investors in investment in e-Shang Redwood
- Macquarie Greater China Infrastructure Fund in investment in JinkoSolar Power
- MBK Partners in acquisition of Apex Logistics
- TPG in joint venture with China Lodging Group, take-private of ShangPharma, and various investments in China-based businesses in consumer, education and fintech sectors
- Yonghe Investments in transactions in consumer businesses
- Quoted, “2019 in Asia: China shapes the region,” Private Equity International (January 3, 2019)
- Quoted, “Hillhouse’s $10.6B Fund Showcases Budding Asia PE Market,” Law360 (September 19, 2018)
- LLM, Columbia University School of Law, James Kent Scholar
- LLM, with Honors, University of International Business and Economics
- LLB, with Honors, University of International Business and Economics