Rebecca C. Yang
Rebecca C. Yang is an associate in the private equity transactions group in New York. Rebecca advises private investment firms and both private and public corporations in connection with mergers and acquisitions, equity investments and co-investments, recapitalizations and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Rebecca was a mergers & acquisitions associate in the New York office of an international law firm. Before studying law, Rebecca worked at IBM as an audit lead and internal investigator based in Beijing.
- Represented TPG Growth in leading a minority investment round in Zscaler, an Internet security company
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Affordable Care, a large dental support organization
- Represented Long Point Capital in its recapitalization of Corsicana Bedding, a private label mattress manufacturer
- Represented Standard Pacific in its $5.2 billion merger with Ryland Group
- Represented The Weather Channel in the sale of its products and technology business to IBM
- Juris Doctor, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2013; associate editor, Journal of International Law; Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award
- Certificate in Business Economics and Public Policy, 2013
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance), with high honors, The University of Texas at Austin, 2006; Business Honors Program
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2014