Victoria is a legal manager in the special situations team of the Hong Kong office. She advises on insolvency-related matters in and out of court, as well as other aspects of asset recovery.
Prior to joining Ropes and Gray, Victoria was a barrister practicing in civil litigation and an associate at other international law firms in their M&A and restructuring teams. She was also a judicial assistant to the Court of Final Appeal in Hong Kong.
Transactions completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Acting for the buyer in the USD 5.8 billion takeover of Oriental Brewery.
- Acting for the buyer in its USD 1.5 billion partial public takeover of Chong Hing Bank.
- Advising the steering committee in a restructuring of a Vietnamese state-owned shipping company.
- Arbitration concerning the disputed sale of USD45 million worth of pledged shares under a loan agreement.
- Advising trustee in a USD 500 million administration of an Australian mining company.
- Acting for a distressed debt fund in a restructuring involving its acquisition of a Korean real estate portfolio from the debtor.
- Organising retail minibond meetings for the bondholders of Atlantis and Pyxis minibonds.
- Advising beneficiary in a family trust dispute concerning the bank’s duty as trustee to preserve the trust’s stake in the listed real estate developer founded by the beneficiary’s family.
- Acting for various clients seeking commercial injunctions in fraud and breach of director’s duties cases.