Jianing Zhang joined Ropes & Gray in the corporate department as an associate in 2016 and is a member of the asset management group.
During law school, Jianing interned as a consultant at the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group. Jianing also served as an associate of The George Washington Law Review and was a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board.
- Represents endowments, funds of funds, and private foundations in investments in U.S., European, and Asian private fund investments.
- Represents a diverse list of clients in buy-side and sell-side private fund secondary transactions.
- Advises fund managers on private fund formation matters and all aspects of day-to-day operations.
- Co-author, “Risk avoidance and allocation in secondaries transactions,” Private Equity International (September 8, 2019)
- JD, high honors, The George Washington University Law School, 2016; Order of the Coif; associate, The George Washington Law Review; member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Board
- LLM, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2013
- LLB, Peking University, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, Registered Foreign Lawyer (New York), 2021
- California, 2016
- New York, 2014