Alex Zeltser focuses his practice on leveraged finance, including acquisition and cross-border financings, and other private equity transactions. Alex has extensive experience representing private equity firms and their portfolio companies, investment banks, public companies and debt investors in a wide-range of financing transactions, including cash-flow and asset-based credit facilities, second lien and mezzanine financings, bridge financings and high yield debt offerings as well as restructurings and workouts. He has also represented both issuers and arrangers in connection with debt and equity securities offerings, with particular emphasis on high-yield debt offerings. In addition, he has counseled public companies and foreign private issuers with respect to general corporate law and securities law considerations.
- Represented TPG Capital in obtaining $235 million in first lien financing to fund in part the acquisition of Exactech, a leading developer and producer of orthopedic implant devices and surgical instrumentation for extremities and large joints.
- Advising Altice S.A. on the financing for the acquisition by Altice of PT Portugal SGPS, S.A. and certain other entities that make up the Portugal Telecom Group, a leading provider of integrated telecommunication services to residential and corporate customers in Portugal from Oi S.A.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in obtaining $2.0 billion in aggregate financing for its acquisition of inVentiv Health and inVentiv Health in its subsequent acquisitions of Campbell Alliance Group, Ingenix Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. and PharmaNetDevelopment Group.
- Represented TPG Capital in obtaining $1.62 billion in aggregate financing for its acquisition of Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc., manufacturer and distributor of generic and branded drugs.
- Represented Madison Dearborn Partners in obtaining financing for the acquisition of National Financial Partners, a provider of advisory and brokerage services to companies and high net worth individuals.
- Represented TPG Capital in obtaining $1.10 billion in debt financing for its acquisition of Immucor, Inc., developer of transfusion and transplantation diagnostic products designed to fulfill the need of blood or an organ.
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with obtaining debt financing for its acquisition of Beaver-Visitec International, a leading global developer, manufacturer, and marketer of specialized surgical devices.
- Represented Madison Dearborn Partners in connection with the acquisition, combination with Chesapeake Services Limited and subsequent sale of Multi Packaging Solutions, a leading global provider of print-based specialty packaging solutions.
- Represented TSG Consumer Products in connection with the acquisition of Planet Fitness, and in Planet Fitness’s subsequent dividend recapitalizations and refinancings.
- Represented various clients, including Cressey & Co., BV Partners and TSG Consumer Products in connection with senior secured financing for several recent middle-market leveraged
- Represented GT Advanced Technologies in connection with a senior secured term loan, issuance of convertible notes and DIP and Exit financings.
- Podcast, “Middle Market Podcast: Covenants, or lack of, in loan deals,” Debtwire Radio (November 14, 2018)
- Quoted, “Sponsors get active in the summer as financing market remains heated – Primary Loan Monitor,” Debtwire (September 12, 2017)
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2001
- BS (Economics), University of California, Berkeley, 1998
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2002
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2017-2020)
- Chambers Global (2020)
- Legal 500, Finance (2015-2016, 2018)