Arzan Zarolia is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s finance group in London. He advises sponsors, lenders and corporate borrowers on complex financing and special situations transactions, both domestic and international, with a particular focus on leveraged finance.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Arzan worked with a magic circle law firm in London, where he advised a broad range of clients on bond issues, securitizations, acquisition finance and financing due diligence matters. Arzan has also worked with a corporate law firm in India, advising on restructuring and special situations deals; and with a leading global financial advisory firm, advising institutional investors on their investments in the publicly traded equities.
Along with a bachelor’s degree in law, Arzan holds a bachelor's degree in financial markets and is a qualified Chartered Accountant. Arzan is fluent in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- Advised Matrix – a market-leading workforce technology and services platform, and portfolio company of Bridgepoint Development Capital – on the financing in connection with its acquisition of employment screening business, Security Watchdog, from business process services group Capita
- Advised GHO Capital Partners on the unitranche financing package for its acquisition of Clearview Healthcare Partners
- Advised GHO Capital Partners on the unitranche financing package for its acquisition of X-Chem
- Advised the lead arrangers and initial purchasers on a €75 million revolver and €275 million bridge to bond and related senior secured notes in connection with financing of Apax’s acquisition of Lutech
- Represented the Administrator of Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited (DHFL) – a listed housing and real estate finance company, in the corporate insolvency resolution process of DHFL under the aegis of the Indian Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), India’s largest corporate insolvency process worth approximately $12 billion*
- Advised Newday on the issuance of £317 million of sterling notes and loan notes under Newday’s Master Issuer Asset-Backed Notes Programme*
- Advised Markerstudy Group on its £410 million financing for the acquisition of BGL Insurance from BGL Group*
- Represented a major European bank on a $400 million facility made to a listed ports and energy conglomorate and an $800 million facility made to a listed fertiliser and chemicals producer*
- Advised marquee distressed investment funds in the identification of opportunities and the execution of distressed debt investments into various real estate, airport, telecommunications infrastructure and oil and gas assets*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Author, “Banking in the time of Covid- 19” Financial Regulation International Volume 23, Issue 5 (June 2020)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLB, K.C. Law College, Mumbai, 2020
- Chartered Accountant, 2019
- Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Markets), Jaihind College, Mumbai, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- Maharashtra & Goa, Advocate, 2020
- India, Advocate, 2022