Billy Zhang is an associate in the asset management group of Ropes & Gray and is a registered foreign lawyer in the Hong Kong office. Billy advises private investment fund sponsors focused in the venture capital, technology media and telecommunications, private equity, and real estate sectors. He also regularly represents investors, including sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, private institutional investors, and fund-of-funds in making investments in funds, targeted co-investment structures, and in the acquisition or sale of secondary interest in various investment structures.
Native in French and fluent in Mandarin, Billy has advised sponsors and investors across the globe, including in developing, emerging, and frontier markets. Prior to joining the firm, Billy earned his JD from Boston University and his LLM in International Law from UCLA.
- Partners Group
- Unicorn Capital
- Various Asian and global sovereign wealth funds
- LLM (International Law), University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2014
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 2013
- BA (Political Science, Business-Economics), University of California, Los Angeles, 2006
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2014
- Massachusetts, 2014
- New York, 2014
- Hong Kong, Registered Foreign Lawyer (Massachusetts), 2014