Jimmy J. Zhuang
Jimmy Zhuang joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate in the corporate department. Prior to joining the firm, Jimmy served as a law clerk to Judge Timothy B. Dyk of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
During law school, Jimmy served as the editor-in-chief of the Yale Journal of Law and Technology, and twice received the Nathan Burkan Memorial Prize for the best paper in the field of copyright.
Prior to law school, Jimmy completed his Ph.D. studies on gene regulation at Harvard University, where his research was supported by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health.
- Jimmy J. Zhuang, “The Rite of Copyright: The Comparative Procedural Emphasis of American Copyright Law,” 80 Albany Law Review 1–52 (2017)
- Jimmy J. Zhuang, “Nobel Prizes would have Flunked Benzene: Judicial Review of Administrative Evidence Overlooks Science’s Linguistic Tradition,” 12 Seton Hall Circuit Review 214–22 (2016)
- Jimmy J. Zhuang, “A Legal Challenge of the Prescription Drug User Fee Act,” 29 Journal of Law and Health 85–94 (2016)
- Jimmy J. Zhuang, “Mr. Benkler Goes to Washington: The Peer-to-Patent Project as a Case Study on the Limits of Crowdsourcing,” 26 Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology 198–234 (2016)
- Jimmy J. Zhuang, “Copyright: Better Fitting Genes,” 97 Journal of the Patent And Trademark Office Society 442–70 (2015)
- Philip K. Shiu, Jimmy J. Zhuang & Craig P. Hunter, “Assays for Direct and Indirect Effects of C. elegans Endo-siRNAs,” Animal Endo-Sirnas: Methods and Protocols 71–87 (Andreas Werner ed., 2014)
- Jimmy J. Zhuang, Stephen A. Banse & Craig P. Hunter, “The Nuclear Argonaute NRDE-3 Contributes to Transitive RNAi in Caenorhabditis elegans,” 194 Genetics 117–31 (2013)
- Jimmy J. Zhuang & Craig P. Hunter, “RNA Interference in Caenorhabditis elegans: Uptake, Mechanism, and Regulation,” 139 Parasitology 560–73 (2012)
- Jimmy J. Zhuang & Craig P. Hunter, “The Influence of Competition Among C. elegans Small RNA Pathways on Development,” 3 Genes 671–85 (2012)
- Jimmy J. Zhuang & Craig P. Hunter, “Tissue-specificity of Caenorhabditis elegans Enhanced RNAi Mutants,” 188 Genetics 235–37 (2011)
- Jimmy J. Zhuang, Annie X. Wang & Joyce Y. Zhang, “Letter to Editor, What Users Really Want to Know from University Ratings,” 464 Nature 1125 (2010)
- Fei Wang, Emily C. Brown, Gary Mak, Jimmy Zhuang & Vladimir Denic, “A Chaperone Cascade Sorts Proteins for Posttranslational Membrane Insertion into the Endoplasmic Reticulum,” 40 Molecular Cell 159–71 (2010).