Ruoxi Zhang is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity transaction group and is a registered foreign lawyer in the Hong Kong office. Prior to joining the firm, Ruoxi was a PRC legal consultant with a leading firm in Beijing, where she primarily worked on FDI, M&A and private equity transactions. Ruoxi passed the PRC Bar Exam.
- Represented China Media Capital in connection with an preferred equity minority investment in Chinese media target.
- Advised a global private equity fund and its portfolio company in its sale of its U.S. early childhood development business to a Singapore-based company focused on the education and entertainment sectors.
- Advised a leading U.S. fund in its various healthcare projects in the Asian-Pacific Region.
- Represented a leading fund in its preferred equity minority investment in a cancer treatment company.
- Represented CMC Capital Partners in its investment in Jaunt Inc., a leading U.S.-cinematic virtual reality company.
- Represented Bain Capital in its buyout transaction of a leading financial leasing company in China.
- Represented a leading private equity sponsor in its third tranche share subscription in a leading supplier of fast fashion and casual apparel.
- Represented a world leading European manufacturer of sanitary fittings in acquisition of majority stake in a Chinese bathroom products company.
Transactions completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Represented a U.S. private equity firm to acquire 49% equity interests in one of the largest third party tank storage terminal operators.
- Represented a Hong Kong based private equity firm in connection with the bid to acquire a world leading producers of engineered mechanical fasteners.
- Represented a privately owned U.S. company for its direct investments in China.
- LLM, Northwestern University, 2011
- LLM, Peking University, 2010
- LLB, Peking University, 2008