Shan (Susan) Zhu
Susan Zhu is a Litigation & Enforcement associate whose practice includes complex civil litigation, criminal white collar defense, and government and internal investigations. She has represented numerous clients in matters involving the False Claims Act and the Anti-Kickback Statute. Susan maintains an active pro bono practice, serving as the team lead for education and CORI sealing matters under the firm’s Medical-Legal Partnership pro bono initiative. In addition, Susan has helped pro bono clients through the firm’s Project Validate initiative as well as in immigration and family law matters. Prior to attending law school, Susan taught middle school special education as a Teach For America corps member.
- Member of trial team that worked with the ACLU to challenge the constitutionality of Massachusetts’ 20-day voter registration deadline. Drafted appellate brief for the matter before the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts.
- Managed fact and witness development in defense of corporate executive charged with criminal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) conspiracy.
- Defends health care and life sciences companies in civil False Claims Act qui tam litigation, including filing motions for summary judgment and managing large-scale discovery.
- Represents portfolio investment firms in SEC investigations.
- Conducts investigations and advises on anti-corruption and anti-bribery practices.