Shan (Susan) Zhu
Susan Zhu joined Ropes & Gray in the litigation department as an associate in 2016. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation, criminal white collar defense, and government and internal investigations. She has represented numerous clients in matters involving the False Claims Act and the Anti-Kickback Statute. Susan maintains an active pro bono practice, serving as the team lead for education and CORI matters under the firm's Medical-Legal Partnership pro bono initiative. Prior to attending law school, Susan taught middle school special education as a Teach For America corps member.
- Represents health care and pharmaceutical companies in civil False Claims Act qui tam litigation
- Represents corporate defendant in criminal trial involving Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) conspiracy charges
- Represented hospital system in government investigation of reverse false claims allegations
- Member of trial and appellate team that worked with the ACLU to challenge the constitutionality of Massachusetts' 20-day voter registration deadline
- Represents portfolio investment firms in SEC examinations and investigations
- Performs pre-investment anti-corruption and litigation diligence and conducts investigations into bribery and corruption allegations for private equity firms