Shan (Susan) Zhu
Susan Zhu joined Ropes & Gray in the litigation department as an associate in 2016. She has a diverse practice, including civil litigation, government and internal investigations, and pre-acquisition anti-corruption due diligence. Susan maintains an active pro bono practice, serving as the team lead for education and CORI matters under the firm's Medical-Legal Partnership pro bono initiative. Prior to attending law school, Susan taught middle school special education as a Teach For America corps member.
- Represents healthcare companies in civil False Claims Act litigation and government investigations of false claims allegations
- Member of trial and appellate team working with the ACLU to challenge the constitutionality of Massachusetts' 20-day voter registration deadline
- Performs pre-investment anti-corruption diligence and conducts investigations into bribery and corruption allegations for private equity and venture capital firms
- Represents portfolio investment firms in SEC examinations and investigations
- Assists with defense of fund advisers against claims of excessive fees