Steve Zaorski is a partner in the asset management group who leads private fund formations for prominent private equity sponsors. Steve has more than a decade of experience helping clients with fundraising across a range of strategies, including funds-of-funds, and buyout, real estate, growth equity, secondary, credit and distressed funds. He also advises on secondary transactions, funds-of-one and separately managed accounts, primary fund investments, and co-investment vehicles.
Steve enjoys working with clients as disparate as a global financial firm launching its ninth flagship fund and a new asset manager launching its first. His advice spans the full life cycle of a fund, from structuring and formation to ongoing operations and advice about investments. Clients appreciate Steve’s calm and measured demeanor when managing complex fund launches and rely on him for his judgment and responsiveness.
For years, Steve has taken on pro bono work for veterans, participating in the New York City Veterans Alliance Program.
Steve has advised on fundraises for clients including:
- The global private equity fund of funds platform for one of the largest asset managers in the world
- Kohlberg & Company
- Siguler Guff & Company
- CCMP Capital Advisors
- Cohen & Steers
- Maverick Capital
- Pacific Investment Management Company
- BentallGreenOak Strategic Capital Partners
- Cornerstone Advisors, Inc.
- Co-author, “Regulatory Monitor Private Funds Update,” The Investment Lawyer (September 2021)
- “Why I Represent Veterans,” New York State Bar Association Pro Bono News, Vol. 24 No. 4 (2013)
- Co-author, “Social Media Usage in the Financial Services Industry: Toward a Business-Driven Compliance Approach,” Journal of Taxation and Regulation of Financial Institutions (May/June 2013)
- JD, magna cum laude ; Order of the Coif, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2010; Seton Hall Law Review, Senior Editor
- BA, magna cum laude, Georgetown University, 2007
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2011
- New Jersey, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 2011