Yilu Zhang joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate in the corporate department.
During law school, Yilu received the Ann Petluck Poses Memorial Prize for her work as a student attorney in NYU’s Technology, Law, and Policy Clinic. She also served on the editorial board of the NYU Journal of Law and Liberty. Yilu previously worked as a paralegal in the Health Care Fraud unit of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts.
- Represented Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited in a strategic collaboration valued at up to $2 billion with Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. to develop and commercialize possible psychiatric therapies within Takeda’s early-to-mid-stage portfolio, including an exclusive, worldwide license to Neurocrine for seven psychiatry pipeline programs related to schizophrenia, treatment-resistant depression and anhedonia.
- Yilu Zhang, “The Incompatibility of Bitcoin’s ‘Strong’ Decentralization Ideology and Its Growth as a Scalable Currency,” 11 N.Y.U. J. L. & Liberty 1 (2017)
- Yilu Zhang, “An Analysis of Quill and Federal Remote Sales Tax Legislation,” State Tax Notes (July 4, 2016)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2017
- BA and BS, magna cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, 2012