- The Peruvian Penal Code criminalizes passive and active domestic and foreign bribery. See Peruvian Penal Code, Art. 393, 393-A, 397, 397-A.
- Other corruption-related offenses under the Code include abuse of authority illegally conditioning the delivery of goods and services (Art. 376-A), improper payment (wherein a public official requests improper payments in excess of the legal tariff) (Art. 383), collusion (Art. 384), embezzlement (Art. 387-389), passive corruption of judicial assistants (Art. 396), incompatible negotiation (Art. 399), influence peddling (Art. 400), and illicit enrichment (Art. 401).
- English version
- Commercial bribery is prohibited. See Legislative Decree 1385,.
- Legal entities may be held liable for certain corruption-related crimes. See Corporate Corruption Act.
- Limited protections granted to whistleblowers who disclose evidence of illegality involving a public entity. See Law No. 29542.
- Legislative Decree 1106 also addresses money laundering and offenses related to organized crime.
- Public Prosecutor’s Office
- National Police
- Superintendent of Capital Markets
- Office of the Comptroller General
- OECD profile page for Peru
- OECD Working Group on Bribery page for Peru
- OAS Country Report
- GAN Integrity: Peru Corruption Report
- Sistema Peruano de Información Jurídica [Peruvian Legal Information System]: (select “Constitucion Politica Del Peru y Normativa Emitida por Entidades del Gobierno Nacional”)
- Organisation of American States’ Department for Effective Public Management, Guide to Mechanisms for the Promotion of Transparency and Integrity in the Americas, Peru
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Peru Commercial Guide
- U.S. Department of State web page on Peru
- The COVID-19 Landscape in Latin America, Over a Year Later Anti-Corruption Report
- The Proliferation of Text and App-Based Messaging
- Podcast: Insiders' Perspectives on the Ins and Outs of the 2020 DOJ FCPA Guide: A Conversation with Ropes & Gray’s Anti-Corruption and International Risk Leaders
- Elevated Bribery and Fraud Risks in Latin America in the Wake of COVID-19
- Podcast: International Risks Facing Companies in Latin America
- Latin America Initiative on ropesgray.com