Investment banks face many difficult legal challenges stemming from uncertain global economic conditions and increased government enforcement, and are constantly on the forefront of today’s hypercompetitive M&A market.
To manage an array of legal matters, investment bank clients depend on Ropes & Gray for experienced and knowledgeable counsel on complex transactions, difficult litigation matters, critical financings and stringent regulatory investigations. Investment bank clients—including investment funds, asset managers, broker dealers and FinTech ventures that each exist as subsidiaries within large investment banks—benefit from the firm’s ability to bring together attorneys from multiple practice groups to address crucial transactional, legal and regulatory issues.
Ropes & Gray works with investment banking clients globally on:
- Litigation, Regulatory & Enforcement: Preventing and resolving conflicts involving securities and shareholder disputes, handling wide-ranging internal investigations and white-collar defense, and advising on regulatory compliance and exams
- Data, privacy and cybersecurity: Compliance as well as incident prevention and response
- Transactions: Advising on deals in capital markets and leveraged finance, asset management M&A, fairness opinions, and acquisitions involving the private investment platforms of banks
- Asset management: Crafting innovative solutions for fund formation and advising on all aspects of investment management for private and registered funds
- Intellectual property: Protecting IP assets, developing new technologies, and navigating the complicated webs of acquiring licensing rights and companies