Our work in Japan has earned accolades from clients and independent reviewers alike:
- International Financial Law Review named Ropes & Gray “Private Equity Team of the Year” for Asia in 2013.
- Chambers Asia 2013: Asia’s Leading Lawyers for Business ranked Ropes & Gray as a leading IP practice in Japan with partners Hiro Hagiwara and Mac Fox recognized as leaders in their field.
- Chambers Asia 2013: Asia’s Leading Lawyers for Business ranked partners Scott Jalowayski and Tsuyoshi Imai has leaders in their field for Corporate/M&A.
- Asia In-House Counsel: Ropes & Gray received the “2011 Japan Deal of the Year Award” for our role representing Nomura Securities in the US$8.6 billion merger of Nippon Oil Corp and Nippon Mining.
- Asian Legal Business named Ropes & Gray a top firm for private equity in Japan, China and Hong Kong.
- Asian Legal Business Japan Law Awards 2012: Ropes & Gray received “Debt Market Deal of the Year” for the firm’s work representing Bain Capital on its US$3.2 billion acquisition of Skylark.
- Asian Legal Business Japan Law Awards 2010: Ropes & Gray received the Japan “Technology, Media and Telecommunications Deal of the Year” award for its role in Bain Capital’s acquisition of Bellsystem24.
- Asian Legal Business Japan Law Awards 2009: Ropes & Gray received the Japan “Technology, Media and Telecommunications Deal of the Year” award for its role advising Bain Capital’s acquisition of D&M Holdings. It was also a finalist for the overall “Deal of the Year” award.
- Intellectual Asset Management ranked Ropes & Gray as a recommended firm for litigation and licensing in Japan and named Tokoy-based partner Hiro Hagiwara as a leaders in the field.
- Managing IP’s 2010 “World IP” survey identified Ropes & Gray as a leader in “Japan-Foreign Firms, Patent,” and “U.S.-National Firms, Patent-Contentious, Copyright and Trademark-Contentious.”
- World Leaders International IP Awards 2009 –We won the award for “Excellence in Patent Practice / Litigation in Private Practice” in the Asia Pacific region. The only firm to win two awards in 2009, we also won the IP award for “Technology Law Team of the Year” in the worldwide category.
- Asian Legal Business named Ropes & Gray the best international firm to work for in Japan its “Employer of Choice” awards in 2011.