Knowledge Management Position - Asset Management Group
The asset management group seeks an experienced fund lawyer to work within the firm’s asset management private fund specialty group. The KM Attorney will work with the current senior KM Attorney to maintain our private fund terms database, populate and maintain model and precedent workspaces, keep abreast of market trends, develop and implement training, and assist with any other KM related projects. The new KMA will work closely with our senior KM Attorney.
- Fund Data Analytics. Work with senior KM Attorney to maintain our fund term survey system and data analytics products, including review of fund term summaries and creating reports on fund term standards and trends based on information in that database. Help create presentations and/or training materials for specific internal training, client teach-in and business development activities.
- Practice Support. Create and manage forms, checklists, and other KM resources, and update those resources to reflect legal and regulatory changes and developments.
- Legal Development Tracking. Keep abreast of legal developments and trends in the area of private investment funds. Disseminate information to the group and coordinate with asset management group lawyers to prepare memoranda on legal issues and legal developments for internal communications, presentation at practice group lunches, and for client alerts.
- Research Assistance. Respond to attorney requests for research on forms and/or precedent.
- Training Material. Draft, update, and manage training materials for junior and mid-level associates.
- Precedent Management. Create and implement document management and precedent tracking systems to facilitate user search of and access to KM resources.
- Intranet. Organize and update KM tools on the Intranet site and work with information systems team to implement improvements to practice group site.
- General KM. Collaborate with Chief of Legal Knowledge Management, the senior asset management KM Attorney and KM Attorneys within the firm’s other practice groups and geographies to share best KM practices and resources. Evaluate, test, and potentially implement new legal technology products.
- J.D. and a minimum of 3 - 5 years of practice experience. Experience at a large law firm is preferred, but in-house counsel experience will also be considered.
- Strong writing ability, ability to communicate clearly, and research skills.
- Ability to establish credibility with Ropes & Gray attorneys and work with professional staff across a variety of functions in a multi-office environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and proven attention to detail.
Capital Markets Group
The Capital Markets Group of the Corporate Department are seeking a Boston or New York based junior to mid-level associate. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in capital markets, corporate governance, and strategic mergers & acquisitions. In particular, candidates should have experience representing corporate issuers and major investment banks in all aspects of equity capital markets financings, mergers and acquisitions and advice to clients on compliance & corporate governance issues. Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.
Health Care Group
The Health Care group of the Corporate Department is seeking a highly qualified mid-level associate to join our nationally recognized health care practice. Ideal candidates will have two to five years of broad transactional and regulatory experience in health care law. The ideal candidate would have a good working knowledge of Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, fraud and abuse compliance issues, HIPAA/HITECH privacy and security, managed care contracting, hospital/physician contracting and relationships including employment and practice acquisition.
Our lawyers provide advice on complex regulatory and compliance issues, assist with the structuring and negotiation of transactions, represent clients in government audits and investigations, implement a variety of contractual arrangements, and counsel clients on the full range of legal issues affecting the health care industry.
Ropes & Gray’s health care practice has represented clients from all sector of the global health care industry for over 40 years. Our clients include health care providers (hospitals, health care systems, academic medical centers, large physician groups), ancillary service providers, manufacturers (pharma and medical devices) and investors. Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.
Private Equity Transactions Group (Mid-level)
The Private Equity Transactions Group of the Corporate Department is seeking highly-qualified experienced mid-level associates for our Boston, New York and San Francisco offices. Candidates who will be considered for these positions will have 3 – 4 years of experience at a large law firm and solid experience advising private equity funds and their portfolio companies with respect to sophisticated public or private acquisitions, growth investments and other similar transactions, as well as general corporate matters, including governance and securities law compliance matters. Candidates should have excellent academic credentials and strong analytical, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, deal sheet and law school transcript when applying for this position and reference position PET34. Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.