Ropes & Gray Practices
- Vault Rankings 2019
- 1 for formal training
- 3 for firm culture
- 6 for pro bono
- 6 for LGBT
- 8 for best law firm to work for
- 8 for overall diversity
- Named one of eight Law Firms with the Best Associates, BTI Consulting Group client survey (2017)
- Named one of the top 10 “Best Law Firms for Women,” by Law360 (2017, 2018)
- Named to Law360’s “Ceiling Smashers” list of large firms with the highest percentage of female equity partners
- Received 10 consecutive 100 percent scores on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index, earning designation as a “Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality”
Making a Statement
- “The service is excellent, and the associates are all top-notch.”
- Client, Chambers
- “It’s hard to imagine a firm with a better combination of formal and informal training.”
- Associate quote, Vault 100 Rankings (2018)
At Ropes & Gray, our attorneys work at the intersection of innovative business developments and complex legal challenges. From this unique perspective, Ropes & Gray attorneys— from summer associates to senior partners—have become valued partners and advisors to some of the world’s leading companies, financial institutions, and research laboratories and universities. Our attorneys are in the boardroom helping clients cut multibillion-dollar deals. They’re in the courtroom defending patents, and in the halls of government, maneuvering clients through complex regulations.
Because we offer a range of legal knowledge in more than 30 practice areas—and hold offices in global hubs of finance and commerce in Asia, the United Kingdom and the United States—our attorneys work hand in hand with many organizations, investors and individuals at all stages of the business life cycle, from conception and launch through implementation and growth. New ventures, innovative startups and forward thinking entrepreneurs appreciate our experience in raising capital, IP protection and licensing. Moreover, as these enterprises mature, we help them initiate public offerings, identify and merge with complementary businesses, acquire competitors and expand into untapped, lucrative markets. Of course, when necessary, we are tenacious in representing client interests in court.
How We Make it Work
All of this is made possible through important elements of our firm culture: collaboration and teamwork. So our clients have ready access to corporate, litigation, transactional and regulatory attorneys whose knowledge and experience span industries and geographies. In turn, our attorneys have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge matters, helping to shape legal precedent and drive the business goals of some of the largest companies worldwide.
Where We Are
Quite simply, we go where our clients need us. Leveraging six U.S. offices, four in Asia and one in the United Kingdom, our attorneys are able to use these offices as a home base and can arrange to work on-site with clients whenever necessary.