Legal Knowledge Management Attorney: Corporate Department: Private Equity Transactions / M&A – Boston, Chicago, New York or San Francisco
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Stay current and advise practice group on legal developments relevant to private equity transactions and M&A.
- Draft, update and manage forms and checklists to reflect changes and developments.
- Work with KM team and relevant practice group members to develop new forms and improve precedent and checklist management systems.
- Implement document management and precedent tracking system to facilitate user search and ensure uniform use of preferred filing systems.
- Assist in maintaining deal term grids (summaries of deal terms).
- In coordination with practice group lawyers, prepare and update practice insight tools, including memoranda on commonly encountered legal issues and legal developments for both internal communications and client alerts.
- Respond to deal team requests for research services and to tailor forms for specific transactions.
- Understand and explain useful resources for online legal and market knowledge (e.g., Intelligize, Knowledge Mosaic / Lexis / PLC / Private Raise) and coordinate with library services and others to respond to practice group requests for practice related research and consideration of online forms and precedent material.
- Organize KM tools on firm intranet.
- Train attorneys, paralegals and others on forms, document management systems for deal documents, precedent library and other KM matters.
- Provide experienced advice to practice group members regarding substantive questions within areas of expertise and regarding use of appropriate forms, precedents and other materials.
- Collaborate with KM Attorneys within the firm’s other practice groups and geographies to share best KM practices and resources.
- Expertise in private equity and M&A practice, with at least 5 years of practice experience at a top-tier firm.
- Strong writing ability, including technical contract drafting skills and ability to communicate clearly.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and at least one document management software system.Experience with and comfort in using internet and intranet technologies.
- Please apply directly online by forwarding a cover letter, resume and transcript to KMA PET/M&A.