The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has joined the hunt targeting hedge funds. Last week, the IRS announced an audit initiative in which it will look at, among other things:
- Status as Investor, Trader, or Dealer (including effect of loan organization)
- Cross Border Swaps
- Allocation and timing of Incentive Payments
- Characterization of income as ordinary or capital gain
The teleconference will help you prepare for the IRS and will discuss:
- Battleground issues with the IRS
- What to expect if the IRS comes knocking at your door
- Steps you can take now to prepare
We will also give a brief update on federal legislation targeting hedge funds.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.