Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- With a focus on voting rights during this election season, a Ropes & Gray litigation team, working pro bono with the advocacy group Project Vote, secured a key court decision in Georgia. A federal court ruled that a lawsuit to ensure the transparency of voter registration records will move forward and that the Secretary of State in Georgia must release certain voter records as required by the National Voter Registration Act.
- To read more about Ropes & Gray’s pro bono program, check out our latest newsletter. London partner Matt Cox describes the global expansion of our pro bono work, including a project with Lawyers Without Borders. Ropes & Gray lawyers will travel to Nairobi, Kenya to provide trial advocacy training to judges, trial lawyers and enforcement officers on the issue of wildlife trafficking.
- Private equity firm BV Investment Partners announced a new equity financing investment in Reimagine Holdings Group, whose portfolio companies focus on marketing and consumer insights. A team of lawyers in Chicago, New York and Boston advised BV on the investment.
- In one of the most significant health care deals of the past year, six financially troubled health care facilities in California were saved by a $250 million deal with a New York-based investment firm. San Francisco-based Ropes & Gray partner John Chesley led the legal team on the deal, and this week The Daily Journal, California’s legal publication, named him one of the state’s top 100 lawyers.
- Coming up: Christopher Conniff, a former federal prosecutor and a government enforcement partner in the firm’s 300-lawyer New York office, will speak on the panel “Lessons Learned from Recent White Collar Trials” at a Practising Law Institute forum on Sept. 30. Read the full agenda and register here.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.