Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Our clients announced a number of significant transactions this week including:
- Private equity firm J.W. Childs Associates, L.P. announced its acquisition of Walker Edison, a supplier of affordable home furnishings to global e-commerce platforms, from founders Brad Bonham and Matt Davis and Caltius Structured Capital. Ropes & Gray represented J.W. Childs Associates, L.P. in the transaction.
- Medtronic plc, a global leader in medical technology, announced its acquisition of Mazor Robotics, a pioneer in the field of robotic guidance systems for $1.6 billion. Ropes & Gray advised Medtronic on the transaction.
- Zai Lab announced an exclusive regional license and collaboration agreement with Novocure. The agreement enables Zai Lab to commercialize Novocure’s oncology platform in China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. Ropes & Gray represented Zai Lab in the agreement.
- Ropes & Gray business restructuring partner Jim Wilton served as mediator appointed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts, assisting parties in resolving objections to reorganization of Cashman Equipment Corporation and its affiliates. The parties to the mediation were Cashman, 12 secured lenders who collectively hold secured debt totaling approximately $150 million, and the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- The U.K. Government has produced a series of technical notices explaining what businesses might need to do if there is a “no deal” Brexit. In this alert, privacy & cybersecurity partner Rohan Massey examines one of the notices that concerns the crucial area of data protection.
- In the latest credit funds podcast, Laurel FitzPatrick, co-leader of the firm's hedge funds practice, and tax partners Adam Greenwood and Jim Brown discuss the tax considerations applicable to non-U.S. investors investing in funds that invest in credit and debt instruments.
- Timothy Castelli, a counsel in Ropes & Gray’s corporate, private equity transactions and mergers & acquisitions practice groups, has been named to the “Forty under 40” list by the Chicago Lawyer and the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin for his creativity on deals and pragmatic approach to negotiations. The list recognizes “the most talented young attorneys in Illinois.”
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.