Global law firm Ropes & Gray announced today that 15 attorneys have been named counsel of the firm, all effective November 1.
“These very talented lawyers are experts in their fields who have helped lead our clients in addressing their most complex legal needs,” said Julie Jones, chair of Ropes & Gray.
The 16 new counsel focus on clients that are leaders across industries, including asset management, private equity, life sciences and health care, and technology.
“Our new counsel are outstanding lawyers who reflect the firm’s core values through their dedicated service to clients and our communities and their collaboration with colleagues,” said managing partner David Djaha.
Meet Ropes & Gray’s newest counsel:
- Sarah Blumenthal – Sarah, in our health care practice, provides regulatory, transactional and compliance counsel to clients throughout the health care industry. She also advises on health care information privacy and security, value-based payment structures, joint ventures, university-hospital relationships and enforcement.
- Kathryn Caldwell – Based in our litigation & enforcement practice, Katy represents private equity firms and their portfolio companies, investment advisers, health care companies, national retailers, and other clients in complex commercial disputes. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation, internal investigations, qui tam litigation, and government investigations and enforcement matters.
- Mark Cianci – Mark, a litigation & enforcement lawyer, represents hedge funds, private equity firms and their portfolio companies, manufacturers, health care and life sciences companies, academic institutions, and clients in other industries in shareholder, M&A and complex commercial litigation, qui tam actions, bankruptcy litigation, and government investigation and enforcement matters.
- Bil Davison – In our litigation & enforcement practice, Bil has advised clients in complex litigation matters, including representing Keurig Green Mountain in multiple class action securities claims and Mallinckrodt in nationwide multi-district litigation regarding the controlled substances act and pharmaceutical advertising. Bil’s clients include private equity firms, financial services companies, and companies specializing in consumer goods.
- Helen Gugel – Named a Law360 Rising Star in 2020, Helen focuses on investigations, prosecutions and other enforcement activity relating to market misconduct or potential violations of federal securities and commodities laws. She served as a lead associate in the 2018 independent investigation commissioned by the U.S. Olympic Committee into the abuse of athletes by USA gymnastics coach Larry Nassar.
- Shona Ha – Shona, a transactions lawyer in our London office, has acted for leading private equity funds and major international corporations on domestic and cross-border M&A activities. In 2020, she guided a prominent pharmaceutical company in the acquisition of a manufacturing facility that will be used to produce their COVID-19 vaccine candidate.
- Lisa Kaltenbrunner – Lisa, in our antitrust practice, advises on all aspects of EU and UK competition law, with particular focus counseling clients on anti-competitive agreements and information exchange, abuse of dominance cases, as well as on EU and UK merger control.
- Alyssa Kollmeyer – Private equity firms and corporations alike turn to Alyssa to navigate complex federal income tax aspects of acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, debt and equity issuances, restructurings and other transactional tax matters.
- Nicole Krea – Nicole, in the asset management practice, advises investment advisers regarding various regulatory, compliance, and fundraising matters. She routinely advises both registered and exempt advisers to private equity funds, real estate funds, credit funds, venture capital funds, hedge funds and separate accounts.
- Stephanie Lapidus – Major corporations and investment firms across industries, including consumer brands and retailers, life sciences and energy companies and private equity firms, seek out Stephanie’s guidance on complex strategic public and private transactions. Stephanie’s experience ranges from leading mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures to advising on general corporate, commercial and governance matters.
- Victoria McGrath – Named one of the UK’s rising stars of private equity in 2020 by Legal Week, Vicky, in our London office, has a wide range of experience of assisting UK and international clients with M&A transactions and general corporate law advice. She has particular experience of acting for private equity investors, portfolio companies and management teams on investments, acquisitions, disposals and corporate restructurings.
- Steven Zaorski – Steven, in the firm’s asset management group, has advised private investment funds – buyout funds, funds-of-funds and special focus funds – on structuring and regulatory issues. He has represented some of the largest global asset managers. Prior to joining the firm, Steve was a fellow with the Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.