2018 ICI Mutual Funds and Investment Management Conference
Ropes & Gray’s memorandum summarizing the 2018 ICI Mutual Funds and Investment Management Conference sponsored by the ICI and the Federal Bar Association is available above. The Conference included sessions that discussed the following industry and regulatory developments, among others:
- Near-term initiatives of the SEC that include the fund board outreach initiative, an exchange-traded fund rule, a shareholder report delivery rule and a best-interest standard of conduct.
- The SEC’s current examination and enforcement focus areas.
- The Tax Act of 2017.
- A review of developments in mutual fund civil litigation.
- The impact of EU regulations on the trading desks of global asset managers.
- Developments affecting UCITS funds, including consequences of Brexit for UCITS managers.
If you would like to discuss a specific session, or any other aspect of the conference, please contact any of the lawyers listed on the back cover of the memorandum or the Ropes & Gray lawyer with whom you regularly work.