The Ropes Recap: Mergers & Acquisitions Law News
WELCOME TO THE NEW ROPES RECAP—our quarterly briefing of M&A news, trends and legal developments. We are thrilled to launch this new publication, which includes contributions from more than 30 members of our global team. Each quarter, the Ropes Recap will highlight noteworthy legal decisions, trends and other developments relevant to M&A—both in the US and globally.
In this edition, we discuss important cases and developments that address a variety of issues, including:
- What actions can be taken to reduce the likelihood for a court to find that an influential minority stockholder is a controller?
- Can executive compensation payments constitute a waste of corporate assets?
- Will only a showing of negligence support disclosure claims under Section 14(e)?
- Should a company’s unaffected market price serve as the best evidence for the fair value of that company’s shares in an appraisal proceeding?
- What is the EU General Data Protection Regulation and does it apply to U.S. companies?
- Must notice provisions in transaction agreements be strictly complied with?