The Ropes Recap: Mergers & Acquisitions Law News
Welcome to the Q3 edition of our Mergers & Acquisitions newsletter – The Ropes Recap. This includes contributions from over 45 deal professionals around the globe. We encourage you to send us feedback on the content or topics you would like to see discussed in future issues. In this edition, we discuss important cases and developments that address a variety of issues, including:
- Now that a Delaware court has found that a material adverse effect occurred, will purchasers find it easier to walk away from deals?
- Can a minority investor’s abuse of consent rights lead to the investor being deemed to be a “controller”?
- In what circumstances will Delaware courts look beyond the deal price in appraisal litigation?
- What effect is the #MeToo movement having on mergers & acquisitions?
- Which transactions with foreign purchasers will require regulatory filings under the new CIFIUS rules?