Leading By Example: Best Practices in Charitable Giving
Thursday, October 23, 2014
7:45 AM - 5:30 PM (Eastern Time)
The Conference Center at Bentley University
175 Forest Street - Map
LaCava Campus Center #300
Waltham, Massachusetts 02452
The Boston Foundation, Boston College and Ropes & Gray LLP presented their inaugural conference on charitable giving, Leading by Example, at The Conference Center at Bentley University in Waltham, Mass. on October 23. The conference provided a forum for professional advisors, family office leaders, planned giving and development professionals, and donors to share their experiences, review recent developments, discuss best practices, learn from other experts, and express their passion for philanthropy.
Themes for the conference included the changing nature of the donor/charity partnership, the differing views of advisors and their clients on the subject of philanthropy, impact investing, social entrepreneurship, generational differences in philanthropy, and international philanthropy. Introductory remarks were made by Paul Grogan, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Boston Foundation. Joanna Jacobson, Managing Partner of Strategic Grant Partners, gave the keynote address.
Please use the links below to access selected materials from the conference.
- International Charitable Giving
- The Philanthropic Conversation, Understanding Advisor Approaches and Client Expectation
- Joining Financial Forces Advancing the Position of WomenThrough Leverage and Collaboration
- Across the Negotiating Table or Around It How to Achieve Consensus on the Path to a Successful Major Gift
- Investing for Impact A Primer on Social impact Bonds
- Washington Charitable Giving Conference Update
- Changing Course - When a Private Foundation or Charitable Trust Decides to Change Direction
- Responsible Investing and Impact Investing
- Defining and Refining Objectives A Philanthropic Odyssey
- Beyond the Endowment: Investing for Split-Interest Trusts, Private Foundations and Other Charitable Pools
- The Road Taken Giving Across the Generations
- Ropes & Gray Impact and Philanthropy Profile
For more information, please click here.