From the Boardroom: Navigating the Dynamic World of Digital Health
As technology and life sciences converge into the world of digital health, unique legal and business issues arise. Raising money in this ever-changing industry leaves room for many unanswered questions. Furthermore, once you have the necessary funding, how do you navigate the regulatory, privacy and IP challenges that will ultimately impact a company’s success? It is critical to understand the opportunities and risks these challenges present, and to anticipate what will come next.
Our industry panelists will touch on topics such as:
- How do you raise money effectively and at what stage?
- Are patents a key to success in a digital health world, or should companies focus on trade secret protection?
- Who controls what data and how can data be monetized successfully?
- To what extent does the FDA, HHS and others regulate health data, digital health products and software tools?
- What are the implications of obtaining regulatory reviews and approvals?
- What pricing and reimbursement challenges are digital health players facing?
Confirmed speakers include:
- David Horn, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
- James Huang, Managing Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers China
- George Savage, Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer, Proteus Digital Health
- Moderated by Michael Beauvais and James DeGraw, Partners at Ropes & Gray